Back to top
Bring the following next class:
1. Supplies - Binder, 10x sheet protectors, paper, and 2 dividers (labeled Notes & Classwork) THIS IS WORTH A QUIZ GRADE!
2. Must bring 2 copies of each of the documents attached (except Presentation Rubric, only need 1 copy) and everything should be signed by your parents: Syllabus, Academic Integrity Policy, Internet Policy, and Presentation Rubric. THIS IS WORTH A GRADE!
3. Bring an 8x11 sheet of construction paper (any color), art supplies to decorate, scissors, glue, and pictures in COLOR only. Black and white will not be accepted. Pictures should describe who you are:
-a picture of your self (MANDATORY)
-places you wish to visit
-favorite TV show
-favorite sports team
-team that you're CURRENTLY on
-think about the questionnaire you did in class for more ideas!
- THE ABOVE ARE ALL IDEAS, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING THAT DESCRIBES WHO YOU ARE. BRING A MINIMUM OF 20 PICTURES. YOUR PICTURES HAVE TO FILL UP THE ENTIRE SHEET OF CONSTRUCTION PAPER
-THIS IS WORTH A PROJECT GRADE!
Practice Collage Presentations:
- Time: 60-90 seconds
- Work on um/uh/like
- Please review Presentation Rubric
BINDER CHECK LIST. SEE ATTACHED
Please see attached
Print out and bring Cultivating Interest Essay. For those who were absent, the essay is based on the information from the outline. Be ready to talk briefly talk about your essay for 2-3 minutes.
Choose 1 interest. What 3 programs can help cultivate your interest and how? Make sure to include:
- when the classes/programs take place
- what you'll be learning and doing (#6 on the outline - do not copy and paste, must be in your own words).
- what skills you think it will help you develop and how these skills will help/benefit you in the future (Ex: AP classes give you college credits, volunteering at the hospital will look good on application for med school, etc.)
DON'T FORGET TO:
- Write a proper thesis statement
- include transitional words/phrases. Must start each body paragraph with a transitional word.
- Use a total of 10 words from vocabtest.com Units 1-4
- Each paragraph needs to 5-7 sentences.
- Font size 12
- Times New Roman
- 5 paragraph essay
1. Degree Test on CE p.28-31
2. Finish and bring "Cultivating Interest" Outline PRINTED. If you don't have a printer, go to Staples, UPS Store, Office Depot, Office Max, etc. Be responsible!
1. Study for Degree Test - CE p.28-31
2. Binder Check (must have sheet protectors AND labeled dividers!
B. Labeled Dividers
C. 4 sheet protectors
D. In front of the dividers in sheet protectors should be:
2. Academic Policy
3. Internet Policy
4. Presentation Rubric.
E. Notes divider:
1. Presentation Skills
2. Is a College Degree for you? CE p.28-31
1. About Me questionnaire
2. CE p.2-4
3. Land Animal Presentation
4. Sea Life Presentation
5. CE p.6-12
6. CE p.14 - Leader Quotes
7. CE p.17 - The Road Map
8. CE Unit 1 Summary
9. Brainstorming Interests
10. Success, Risks, and Failures
11. CE p.25-26 (not included in binder check today)
12. CE p.28-31 (not included in binder check today)
13. Unit 2 Summary (not included in binder check today)
Total of 19 items (binder, dividers, and sheet protectors each count as an item
0-2 = A
3 = B
4-5 = C
6-7 = D
Practice animal life presentations.
As soon as class starts, we will begin presentations.
1. Bring Collage Supplies:
-A picture of yourself, pictures or magazine clippings of favorite book, band, color, food, movie, dream career, dream college, favorite sports team, places you want to visit, childhood hero, someone you admire, your first name, hobbies, interests etc. You can look at your "Who Are You Questionnaire" for more ideas.
-Everything must be printed in color.
-Bring other supplies such as scizzors, glue, glitter, magazine clippings, construction paper
-The construction paper that you'll use to mount your pictures on must be an 8x11 regular size sheet.
2. Bring 2 copies of each document (entire document, not just signature page):
-Academic Integrity Policy
-Presentation Rubric (need only 1 copy)
MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL COMPLETED AND SIGNED!!!
3. Bring supplies listed on syllabus
-4 sheet protectors
-3 labeled dividers (Classwork, Notes, and Edgenuity)
-1/2 inch binder (you can share with another class, except for my 8th period class)