This timeline will help you get organized and understand your roles and responsibilities in middle school.
- Get to know your teachers, counselors and administrators.
- Know what your teachers expect in every class.
- Review the student code of conduct to become familiar with school policies and procedures.
- Set high academic goals and maintain them.
- Create a student portal account
- Use your school planner to keep track of class assignments and review the school calendar so that you are aware of “A and “B” days.
- Get involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Keep parents involved in your academic and social activities.
- Learn about promotion requirements for middle school.
- Review your report card every 9 weeks and share this information with your parents
- Speak to your teachers or counselors if you need help in your classes.
- Everything you do counts, so make the most of all your opportunities.
- Get into the School Spirit! Go Firebirds...
Get Ready for High School
See your counselor about requirements for promotion to 9th grade and become familiar with high school requirements.
Review your report card every 9 weeks and share this information with your parents.
Speak to your teachers or counselors if you need help in your classes.
Participate in summer programs.
Complete your Naviance/Family Connection Assignment. The High School Planner is required for Graduation!
Get into the school spirit! Enjoy your last year in middle school. The memories you make today will carry on through the rest of your like. Go Firebirds!
Tools to Monitor Progress
- Report Card
- Student Portal Account
- School Planner
- Standardized Test Score Reports (FCAT, PSAT, SAT, ACT)
- Weekly Progress Reports