DORAL ACADEMY WRITING CENTER
GRAND RE-OPENING ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2012!
This is the second year Doral Academy will have a Writing Center available to the students after school. The Writing Center aims to assist students with the stages of the writing process and the overall dynamics of writing and formatting. All students that attend the Writing Center will have had individual remediation which will strengthen their writing.
The expected results are less confusion with the APA style (6th edition), a deeper, more meaningful understanding of the essay format, and stronger, more confident writers overall. The goal of the Writing Center is to provide quality feedback about the students writing and give problem-solving strategies for their writing.
High School Writing Center Information
• Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
• Time: 2:35pm – 3:35pm
• Location: Room 111 B with Mrs. Peron
• Any 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade student may attend.
• All subject writing assignments are welcome.
• Students must bring the guidelines for the assignment.
• Extra credit points can be issued by the teacher of the assignment at their discretion.
• This is a free service to the students.
• Walk-ins are welcome
This section is dedicated to assist all students in their writing skills development. This area will contain resources that can be used in both the classroom and at home. These resources will be updated periodically and will be focused on enhancing vocabulary skills, organization, writing strategies and skills.